Owens Valley South Legend
Topic Options
#89672 - 04/01/12 03:51 AM An inspiring story
Ken Offline

Loc: Studio City, Ca

#89705 - 04/02/12 01:47 PM Re: An inspiring story [Re: Ken]
rosabella Offline

Loc: Washington State
What an amazing story....what an amazing woman!!

I don't know how many people could rival the number and intensity of experiences she's had in her lifetime. And what gratifying experiences they've been... as a firefighter, and then as a "hotshot"!! SO impressive! Brava!!

It's interesting that she said she would have liked to live in the pioneer days - that's exactly where she was in regards to women in the firefighting industry.

#89737 - 04/04/12 04:17 PM Re: An inspiring story [Re: Ken]
OldGuy Offline

Loc: California, USA
Perhaps inspiring isn't a strong enough adjective:
As a very young man I looked forward to having sons so we could camp, hike, bicycle, run and participate in various physical activities together. Today, I am a 64 year old father of two grown daughters and grandfather of four granddaughters; don’t even know what a boy is. Several years back my two daughters and I ran the LA Marathon, both finished before me. Last summer my youngest daughter and I climbed Mt. Whitney; she summited,I did not. My granddaughters all play soccer, basketball, skate board and participate in many other forms of physical activity; and together we camp, ride bikes, hike and swim. As I see it, I owe these wonderful times to Bequi Livingston, and countless others like her. They paved the way for women to be physically active. I profoundly thank her and all the others.
Perhaps the adjective should be"God-sent" or "Awe-inspiring"!

#91982 - 08/10/12 10:06 PM Re: An inspiring story [Re: OldGuy]
Tracie B Offline

Loc: Behind the Orange Curtain, Cal...
Brave indeed. Thanks for sharing.

Mt. Whitney Weather Links

White Mountain/
Barcroft Station

Elev 12,410’

Upper Tyndall Creek
Elev 11,441’

Crabtree Meadows
Elev 10,700’