Owens Valley North

Owens Valley North Legend
Owens Valley South

Owens Valley South Legend
Topic Options
#100567 - 11/19/15 05:28 AM A helpful series of photos for planning your trip
Doug Sr Offline

Loc: Whitney
Hi Doug Jr and Nayeli created a short slideshow on the Lone Pine area. Doug talked about this the last few years , we see many show up to the store asking to pick up the permit ,check in for the campground , the campground is not bad but when we tell the party they now need to go back to town , well wait no need now since the Visitor Center is closed and you will need to go in the morning 8 AM......

Try this link to youtube Thanks hope this helps on the planning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnSgx-5qQiM&feature=youtu.be

Edited by Doug Sr (11/19/15 05:45 AM)

#100581 - 11/22/15 08:56 PM Re: A helpful series of photos for planning your trip [Re: Doug Sr]
BDK Offline

Loc: SoCal
Excellent. Very helpful. Pictures speak a thousand words and all that! Thanks so much.

#100599 - 12/01/15 11:19 PM Re: A helpful series of photos for planning your trip [Re: Doug Sr]
thorn Offline

Loc: berkeley, CA
i linked this into the description of my Mt Whitney hike video, this is a great detailed explanation of the portal area. //comedy, mountaineers who cant figure out how to get to a trailhead or campground? hehehe... i can sort of see people trying to check in to the campground but pick up a permit at the store? wow. But i'll admit i went to my lower Portal campsite before i figured out the host was at the upper spot... this is very helpful

Moderator:  Bob R, Doug Sr 
Mt. Whitney Weather Links

White Mountain/
Barcroft Station

Elev 12,410’

Upper Tyndall Creek
Elev 11,441’

Crabtree Meadows
Elev 10,700’

Cottonwood Lakes
Elev 10,196’

Lone Pine