Mt. Whitney Webcam 2

Webcam 2 Legend
Mt. Whitney Timelapse
Owens Valley North

Owens Valley North Legend
Owens Valley South

Owens Valley South Legend
Topic Options
#99184 - 01/22/15 09:44 PM And now for something less serious...
Tracie B Offline

Loc: Behind the Orange Curtain, Cal...
This place has some drama going on so instead of chiming in with my thoughts on THAT subject...
The mountain by a fair means...means we giggle a lot. Beware these two crazed female hikers, the laughter can be contagious.

Taken on Polychrome Peak, via North Ridge. This is a very interesting peak - has sort of a mini-Alabama Hills on top. Not a peak you would want to do on its own, best combined with Williamson and/or Tyndall, but worthy of a summit visit.

#99185 - 01/22/15 11:18 PM Re: And now for something less serious... [Re: Tracie B]
hightinerary Offline

Loc: Maryland
Polychrome Peak sounds fun. But I'm afraid it's moot - Doug says I can't make it to the trailhead in my rental car...

#99195 - 01/24/15 05:47 AM Re: And now for something less serious... [Re: hightinerary]
Doug Sr Offline

Loc: Whitney
Doug and I pulled this guy out of the backpacker campground one night I had hooked a chain somewhere by the rear axle, Doug told the guy when you hit the road stop or you will hit a large rock , well the chained ripped most of the metal off the bottom of the car he failed to stop hit the rock destroyed the back of the car . I say don't drive the car until you can have it checked for brake line/gas line damage and steering, He said he could not see over the wheel thats why he ran off the Road , everything else would be fine it was a rental car.
Which brings up the story of the Mercedes that was stolen , found just below the group site the next morning not in gear, parking brake off and not much left of the front end.

Mt. Whitney Weather Links

White Mountain/
Barcroft Station

Elev 12,410’

Upper Tyndall Creek
Elev 11,441’

Crabtree Meadows
Elev 10,700’

Cottonwood Lakes
Elev 10,196’

Lone Pine
Elev. 3,727’