Mt. Whitney Webcam 2

Webcam 2 Legend
Mt. Whitney Timelapse
Owens Valley North

Owens Valley North Legend
Owens Valley South

Owens Valley South Legend
Topic Options
#103452 - 07/23/19 01:13 AM Youngest kids to summit Mt Whitney?
Jason Watson Offline

Loc: California
I'm curious what the youngest hikers are that made the summit on their own two feet. There are a boy and girl twins that have been hiking every peak down in the Los Angeles area. I met them on San Gorgonio (11,503 feet) and they said they were hiking Mt Whitney at the end of July. I think they said the kids were 4 years and 4 months old. These kids were badass on the trail and they passed me up. laugh I think they had an Instagram page, but I forgot to write it down. What were the youngest kids to hike Mt Whitney? Has anyone seen these twins? Does anyone have their Instagram or Facebook page? I want to see if they made it.

#103485 - 08/02/19 06:20 AM Re: Youngest kids to summit Mt Whitney? [Re: Jason Watson]
4 Year old Twins Offline

Loc: CA
Hi Jason - I believe we talked near High Creek on San Gorgonio. I'm the father of Matthew & Arabella Adams. Yes they made it to the top of Mt Whitney on July 29th. smile They are 4 Years 5 Months old. We posted some of the pictures of their journey on their Instagram account. Super_Hiking_Twins

According to everyone we met and talked with, they are the youngest to hike the entire way to the summit without being carried at any point (up or down).

I think you said you wanted your 6 year old son to do Mt Whitney with you. I would suggest you see the hikes that Matthew & Arabella did prior to Mt Whitney. Not that it's a road map, but it shows even through they are very young, they are experienced little hikers. Hope it helps.

Moderator:  Bob R, Doug Sr 
Mt. Whitney Weather Links

White Mountain/
Barcroft Station

Elev 12,410’

Upper Tyndall Creek
Elev 11,441’

Crabtree Meadows
Elev 10,700’

Cottonwood Lakes
Elev 10,196’

Lone Pine