Webcam 1 Legend
Mt. Whitney Webcam 2

Webcam 2 Legend
Mt. Whitney Timelapse
Owens Valley North

Owens Valley North Legend
Owens Valley South

Owens Valley South Legend
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Mt. Whitney Portal Store Message Board
Richard, I just noticed this. This is your 5,228 post. Very prolific. Paul
Jump to new posts Re: Conditions On Baldy by Shin @ Yesterday at 07:06 AM

Hi Brent N., thank you for your kind words. I got out of shape lately, so I joined hiking with my friends who are training for Sierra season and trekking in overseas trail. I hiked 04/21/2024 and 04/24/2024. The snow conditions have changed signific
Jump to new posts Re: 2024 by Doug Sr @ Yesterday at 06:10 AM

Several updates first snow is clearing on the south facing slopes , still snow starting long before Lone Pine Lake. Warm days at the Portal reaching near 60 degrees mid day , Gate still closed at the overflow lot and last weekend cars parked down to
Jump to new posts Re: Paid guide up Whitney trail by Richard P. @ Yesterday at 05:38 AM

What's your date?
Jump to new posts Re: PCT Hikers by Richard P. @ 04/24/24 03:32 PM

I rode up past Bird Spring Pass to Wyleys Knob today... Lots of water and some (emergency?) supplies at the Pass... From Wyleys, I could see quite a bit of the PCT and didn't see any hikers... Here are a couple of photos: PCT South... P
Jump to new posts Re: Trail Pass (HM Rd Conditions) - 04.22.2024 by Richard P. @ 04/23/24 05:03 PM

No, I looked to see if there were any tracks coming up.
Jump to new posts Whitney MR trail conditions by Dani P @ 04/23/24 08:56 AM

4/20 Trail is easy to find and no snow until you cross the north fork. Then it’s snow walking but melting out pretty quickly. Firm in the am but mushy in the pm. Postholing not terrible on the whole route. Really fun climbing in the couloir. Save y
Jump to new posts Guide or Hiking Companion by DanfromAlabama @ 04/22/24 11:35 AM

Hi, So I have 3 permits in med-September. My son wants to try and summit and although we have climbed Baldy and Gorgonio, I fear as a type 1 diabetic in my mide-50s, maybe I should plan to turn around before I get into the higher altitudes. However,
Mt. Whitney Weather Links

White Mountain/
Barcroft Station

Elev 12,410’

Upper Tyndall Creek
Elev 11,441’

Crabtree Meadows
Elev 10,700’

Cottonwood Lakes
Elev 10,196’

Lone Pine
Elev. 3,727’